Who we are
Whee! Studios is a privately held sole-proprietorship owned by Patrick Hiller. Our website address is: https://wheestudios.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information supplied to us through contact forms will be used only for the purpose intended and held only as long as needed.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Through the use of third party analytics providers such as Google Analytics, we may also collect and analyze the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as your browser type and version; operating system and platform; and the URLs which lead you to and around the Site including the date and time.
Who we share your data with
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may make your information available to others:
- Who provide information, products, goods or services that you have requested via the Site;
- When we have retained companies to work with or on behalf of Whee! Studios to facilitate our operations and the products and services we provide to you (such companies are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are restricted from using the same in any way not expressly authorized by Whee! Studios);
- When you use co-branded services – in which case you are giving us permission to pass any information you provide in the context of our co-branding and marketing relationship, back to our co-branding partner. Their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies;
- When we are legally compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- If we believe such disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable laws or regulations, to enforce or apply any of our terms and conditions and policies relating to promotions, programs, product offerings or any other features or functions of the Site, or to protect and/or defend the rights, property or safety of Whee! Studios, its suppliers, advertisers, other customers or users, or any other party;
- Who are affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures;
- Who are users of the Site solely to the extent you choose to make such information publicly available by posting it to your profile in connection via our message boards, content reviews & ratings, or other Whee! Studios community services; and/or
- In the event of a bankruptcy, or a merger, acquisition, joint venture or other business combination involving us.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
We cares about the security of your personally identifiable information. We follow generally accepted industry security standards designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to and disclosure and use of such information. When you provide credit card information, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption for that data. We employ 256-bit encryption technology in all areas of the site which require you to provide personal or account information, including those areas related to online ordering. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions. To make sure you have the latest security features on your browser, you may want to download the most recent version of your favorite browser, which should have full SSL support. While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your personally identifiable information.